RBA Interest Rate Announcement March 2018
The RBA today has decided to leave interest rates unchanged again.
Here is the summary of what the RBA said:
- The global economy has strengthened with some advanced economies growing above trend.
- Headline inflation is low at under 2%. The forecast is to be “a bit” about 2% in 2018.
- Australian economy is forecast to grow faster in 2018 than in 2017.
- Australia had strong employment growth over 2017.
- Sydney and Melbourne housing markets have slowed.
More details at https://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2018/mr-18-05.html
In terms of interest rate expectations, the markets don’t expect a rate hike this year as the chance of one faded when the low inflation figure came out last month.