RBA Interest Rate Announcement July 2018
The RBA today has decided to leave interest rates unchanged again.
Here is the summary of what the RBA said:
- The global economy has strengthened with some advanced economies growing above trend.
- Australian wholesale interest rates have increased over the recent months.
- Australian economy is forecast to grow faster in 2018 than in 2017 to average above 3%.
- Last quarter the Australian economy grew 3.1%
- There have been positive signs in the labour market with strong employment growth.
- Sydney and Melbourne housing markets have slowed with credit growth declining.
More details at https://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2018/mr-18-16.html
For more, go back to the full interest rate announcement list here.