RBA Interest Rate Announcement December 2017
The RBA today has decided to leave interest rates unchanged again. Pretty much a rehash from last month.
Here is the summary of what the RBA said:
- The global economy is improving and labour markets are stronger. Reports of employers finding it difficult to hire workers with necessary skills.
- Headline inflation is low at under 2%.
- Australian economy grew around its trend over the year to September.
- The Australian dollar has appreciated recently which is weighing on output and employment.
- Increased supervisory measure have resulted in credit standards tightening leading to housing market conditions easing in Sydney and stalling in most other capital cities.