What our home loan clients think about us
North Perth’s Finance Broker Experts
We’ve made mortgages easier. First of all, we want to make the process of getting finance as easy as possible. Remember, above all, we work for you and not the bank!
If you are looking for a local mortgage and home loan broker, we are an owner operated business based in North Perth. If you want experienced, tailored and thoughtful advice in obtaining a home loan, Orange Mortgage and Finance Brokers can help. Getting a home loan can be made easy with the right approach and advice.
You could definitely arrange a home loan yourself but why would you want to when you could get someone else to do it at no cost to you and who can also save you money too!
Our Online Mortgage & Home Loans Process
We’ve made as much of our process online as we can, as a result, it means a quicker process for you. Visit our Home Loan Types page to find the right loan for you. We offer the following mortgage types depending on your property purchase needs:
- First Home Owner Loans
- Refinancing Home Loan
- Construction Loans
- Investment Loans
- Parental Guarantees
- New Arrival Home Loans
- SMSF Mortgage
- Home Upgraders
Because not many people like sitting on hold on the bank’s customer support line or having to go to a branch a number of times, our job is to do all the research for you, speak to the bank (and yes this means sitting on hold), see if we can get the bank to improve on their interest rate, put in the application and see it all the way to settlement.
We’ll obviously keep you informed along the way via phone or email. Once settlement has occurred, some brokers think that is the end of the relationship but we like to think it is really the beginning. Specifically, we will try to make contact every 12 or so months to make sure you are still happy with your bank and your personal circumstances haven’t changed. Consequently, every two or three years, we’ll review your situation and make sure we can’t get you a better interest rate either with your currently lender or a new one.
First Home Guarantee (FHBG) is the old First Home Loan Deposit Scheme (FHLDS) – update July-2023 – First Home Buyer Finance
As part of the last election campaign, the federal government announced 35,000 new places released 1-July-2022 and another lot for 1-July-2023 for eligible first home buyers to help them purchase a home sooner. Effectively, the federal government will be the LMI provider for Nil cost assuming first home buyers have at least 5% deposit. More information can be found here.
As of 1-July-2023 the government has released another 35,000 FHBG units applicable for established homes and also increased the maximum total house price applicable. For WA this has been increased to $600,000 in Perth and $450,000 in regional WA. https://www.nhfic.gov.au/what-we-do/property-price-caps/
The good news is as of 1-July-2023, the eligibility requirements have expanded meaning more people should be eligible:
- Now family member and friends can be eligible. Before only married or defacto partners were eligibly to buy together.
- Now if you’ve not had any interest in property in Australia in the last 10 years you are eligible. Before you had to be first home buyer.
- Australian permanent residents are now eligible. Before it was only Australian citizen.
- Expanded regional residential history when the 12 months criteria has not been met due to relocation for work. A letter from the applicant’s employer confirming the temporary relocation is required to verify. Before you had to be living in the regional area for 12 months prior to qualify.
- Family Home Guarantee is now open to single natural or adoptive parents or single legal guardians of at least one dependent