RBA Interest Rate Announcement February-2018
The RBA today has decided to leave interest rates unchanged again.
Here is the summary of what the RBA said:
- The global economy is improving leading to a rise in oil and other commodity prices.
- Headline inflation is low at under 2%. The forecast is to be “a bit” about 2% in 2018.
- Australian economy is forecast to grow “a bit” over 3% over the next couple of years.
- Australia had strong employment growth over 2017.
- Increased supervisory measure have resulted in credit standards tightening leading to housing market conditions easing in Sydney and stalling in most other capital cities.
More details at https://www.rba.gov.au/media-releases/2018/mr-18-01.html
For more, go back to the full interest rate announcement list here.