The RBA today has decided leave rates unchanged.
More positive surprises with regards to Australia’s economic conditions.
There are 5 points to the announcement today:
- The global economy has improved a little due to the development of vaccines.
- Australia’s economic recovery is stronger than expected.
- Unemployment has declined to 6.6% and expected to be 5.5% at the end of next year.
- CPI only increased 0.9% over the year and expect it to be under 1.5% for the next couple of years.
- RBA will maintain the highly supportive monetary policy under the above goals are reached.
More details a https://www.rba.gov.au/
For more, go back to the full interest rate announcement list here.