Green Banking in Australia
Financial institutions are offering products in a move forward to protect our planet and make a greener word for our next generations. These include investments made into climate-friendly projects such as solar energy and low carbon transport.
Some of top Green products on offer include:
Commonwealth Bank – Green Mortgage initiative
An energy efficient scheme for environmentally friendly home owners offering cashback offers to CBA mortgage holders who have installed solar panels
Bendigo Bank Green home loan
For those who are looking to build or renovate green homes with including energy efficient products including solar hot water systems, insulation or rainwater tanks
Bendigo Bank secured green personal loans
Suitable for ‘A’ rated vehicles emitting less than 130g of CO2 per kilometre
Bank Australia – cleaner car loans
Applying a 1% interest rate discount to the loan and no establishment fee for those looking to purchase a Low Emission Vehicle.
U-Bank green term deposits
Invest in a UBank Green Term Deposit and NAB will hold a pool of funds for projects and fund initiatives such as wind and solar energy, love carbon transport and low carbon buildings. UBank Is a subsidiary of NAB.
Teachers Mutual bank
Teachers Mutual bank is definitely taking action in more ways than one. They are:
- Leaders in fossil free banking
- They do not use member’s funds to directly lend to large-scale greenhouse polluting activities within the fossil fuel industry. 3. The Bank does not use members’ funds to finance large-scale greenhouse-gas pollution.
- Have $1 billion of Certified Ethical Investment based on fossil fuel exclusion.
- Own six buildings with installation of solar PV and LED’s with carbon
- Been a carbon neutral bank for over six years