RBA Interest Rate Announcement February 2016
The RBA today has decided to leave interest rates unchanged. I read the statement as relatively upbeat which I wasn’t expecting.
Here is the summary of what the RBA said:
- The global economy is moving at a moderate pace.
- The financial markets are in heightened volatility with decreased appetite for risk.
- Australian economic conditions are moderate.
- Inflation is low.
- Low interest costs are supporting demand with prudent lending standards containing risks in the housing market.
- RBA board sees reasonable prospects for continued growth.